2001 Intimidator Ss ?

ser13ant

I saw that last night on there and at first click I thought it was an Intimidator then I realized after seeing 2001 GMC that it was not. I can't believe how much work they must have put into that truck to make it into an 06. They must have had to do a ton of wiring swapping and stuff for the interior stuff to work right. Also the ad states he is the original owner but I find that hard to believe because he says its a 2001 and he bought it in 2004 at a dealership???

thats alot of work to convert a 99-02 to a 03+ style. to convert that truck you need different front seats, different center console, different radio, different climate, different guages, different steering wheel, different window switches, different heated seat controls, auto headlights. and im pretty sure the 03 + guage cluster cannot plug into the 99-02 trucks directly. not to mention all the technology added like DIC which was never available in the 99-02 style trucks. then all the exterior body parts which is another long list. and it also has 03 tailights on a 06 clone.

if thats really a 01 then someone put in TONS of time and money into that truck

first thing that comes to my mind is someone tagged a real intimidator with a 01 vin. something sound fishy cause that wiuld of been soooo much work. hmmmm....

So in 2004 he bought a 2001 truck (that had not been titled) that is a 2006 clone? Riiiiiight. Where did he get it? I'd like a 2014 Silverado clone.

way to much work when you start thinking about it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

its alot of work but definetly not impossible alot of parts are interchangeable all the front end could easily be swapped with new lights grille hood and fender from 06 same can be said for interior there might be some minor wiring on the inside but not impossible 2001 models did come with power heated seats so he could of just swapped in intimdator head rest being that the chevy inetrior color was the same for like 8 years dash trim should swap right in...over all a nicely done clone in my opinion that must of cost a killing but not bad at all