New Toy 32 Ford Prostreet Truck

sprayed99

Well I finally brought the new toy home. Since I finished up the LS swapped S-10 new mods this weekend I decided to latch the trailer up and go pick up the new project.

Plans are another LS swap, new custom aluminum radiator, new gauges, new ididit billet steering column, Vintage air mini system, and a few other small things with the wiring. I'm also debating pulling it apart and painting it.

001-13.jpg

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

I like it alot but I also love the old school rat rod look and keeping things vintage looking, can you say flathead.Either way its bad a_ _ good luck with it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I do too, but a modern power plant does a few things... Keeps the power plant GM (no FORD here), increases the value of the truck, and makes getting parts a ton easier.

I have made up my mind on how I will do the engine but not 100% on the power plant yet I have a newer 5.3L lined up, but I'm waiting on something at work to go through to finalize it and also getting transportation for it but thats not a big deal. I do however know that I will be using a edelbrock super vic EFI manfold and going with a 4150 style throttle body either a FAST or ACCUFAB. This will keep the "Vintage" look some what and add all the benfits of EFI. I also will be going to a 4L60E as the 80E will not fit the floor and I'm not going to be cutting up the floor just for the transmission. The truck weighs right at 2000lb so going through transmissions like the SS trucks do won't be an issue. I also plan on going with a nitrous proflow or similar style plate and all polished hardlines. The system will probably never be used as this thing will be a handful on motor alone because of the little wheelbase.

very nice! that will be a fun lil sunny day toy. why is it sitting in the silverado spot? did i miss something? the full size was there last time i seen a pic in the s-10 thread

The silverado was back at my place because I had to do some work on it. I sold that truck about 2 years ago to a former forum member here. It is now back on the road tearing up the streets on the other side of DFW...