Fuel System For Big Fi Power

I would like to put together a big inch/TVS 2300 blower combo in the near future. I stumbled across this link today. Anyone try something like this vs. the traditional dual pump setup and did it support good power? Thanks.

http://www.leftcoast...uel-system.aspx

Edited by slowfive0 (see edit history)

That would be awesome having another cool option, but I just checked and I can't find anything. Click on the "fuel hat" link for the Silverado. It says no products in this category. Also, if the picture is right, I wouldn't want it anyways. I would want that bucket design so that I'm not uncovering the pickup when I have less then a 1/4 tank (corners, stopping, etc).

Was there a different link or something.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/categories/GM%7B47%7DChevrolet/2003%252d07-Silverado-SS/2003%252d07-Silverado-SS-Fuel-Delivery/

livernois has a trick looking billet bucket hat that will hold two pumps...its expensive. then there are the denso supra pumps, might be able to fit two of those in there and be good...

I am reading a few different places on fuel set-ups...basically the buckets are interchangeable or the bottoms are...but the G8 guys are doing alot of math on how long @ WOT before you can empty the bucket...it was like 10sec....so you need to do the return line swap, and use the supply to return more fuel to the basket and then there is the issues with the ventuir (sp) pump not working with added flow.

I was seaching on PT.net and found the info/link about the G8 guys using truck fuel baskets...

Im using the Denso Supra Twin turbo pump.

OEM reliability with all the fuel flow most will ever need.With a hotwire kit,you are looking at around 330lph,around 750hp.

Alot better choice then the Bosch 044 or Walbro thats been the staples for many years.Also alot quiter....

All you have to do is hold 1 in your hand to see the difference!!A Walbro is about the size of a can of Red Bull while a Denso is about the size of a coke can!

from my experience that pump will not support 1000 fi hp , maybe 800 rwhp with fi ,

i am also not liking running dual pumps as much , one takes a dump and evrything seems fine until you lean out and that can be catastrophic.

im going to be redesigning my current setup which consists of dual walbros and a -8feed and a-6 return with all the stock hard line deleted.

imo for the power im after 1200+ hp with forced induction im going with the biggest iirc 4303 magnafuel pump . it may be louder but it has a good rep and im going to build a cell so i can properly 4 link the truck. im going to run a -10 feed and a -10 return so when im not using the fuel the return will flow great and not stress and heat the pump up.

imo that will be easy enough , no hobbs switch needed just a single big relay on the stock wiring for the trigger and if it fails you will know for sure. i can also baffle my new cell to be able to run less fuel and save on weight. plan is a 20-22 gallon in the middle of the frame with the sump on the bottom in the rear of the tank .

Check out Dave's (USAbodyguard) build thread. He had a second overflow tank fabbed up with an A1000 if I am not mistaken (Hobbs switch activated) . This would be a good choice before you start cutting up the bucket IMO.

I couldn't find this. Do you have a link, I must be blind---lol! I kind of like this option more and more for a street vehicle.

Im using the Denso Supra Twin turbo pump.

OEM reliability with all the fuel flow most will ever need.With a hotwire kit,you are looking at around 330lph,around 750hp.

Alot better choice then the Bosch 044 or Walbro thats been the staples for many years.Also alot quiter....

All you have to do is hold 1 in your hand to see the difference!!A Walbro is about the size of a can of Red Bull while a Denso is about the size of a coke can!

I haven't heard of this option before. I'm assuming from what I read that it is one pump and will support around 750-800hp. Is that right? I'd like to do a setup like supersub. Since he is at 700 at the wheels, I'm thinking this pump won't be enough.....too bad because it looks like a nice OEM style option (quiet/reliable)......

from my experience that pump will not support 1000 fi hp , maybe 800 rwhp with fi ,

i am also not liking running dual pumps as much , one takes a dump and evrything seems fine until you lean out and that can be catastrophic.

im going to be redesigning my current setup which consists of dual walbros and a -8feed and a-6 return with all the stock hard line deleted.

imo for the power im after 1200+ hp with forced induction im going with the biggest iirc 4303 magnafuel pump . it may be louder but it has a good rep and im going to build a cell so i can properly 4 link the truck. im going to run a -10 feed and a -10 return so when im not using the fuel the return will flow great and not stress and heat the pump up.

imo that will be easy enough , no hobbs switch needed just a single big relay on the stock wiring for the trigger and if it fails you will know for sure. i can also baffle my new cell to be able to run less fuel and save on weight. plan is a 20-22 gallon in the middle of the frame with the sump on the bottom in the rear of the tank .

Chase, have you had any experience with surge tanks? Seems like a pretty good option for a high powered street vehicle. For your setup, it makes sense what you are doing, but I won't be making anywhere near that kind of power. I'm hoping to put together a similar combo to supersub. Thanks.