What Type Of Sub Would Be Best?

TheOneGun

Pretty tough question, there are a million subs on the market.

What type of box are you gonna run. Custom or prefab? Upfiring, downfiring, etc.

You really almost need to know what your gonna have for an amp before you can pick subs.

There are a few factors involved...watts, resistance, etc.

The box makes the difference. You could buy $1000 subs but if you put them in a crappy box they probably wont sound good. Back in the day I had 2 Infinity 8's in a custom box and they hit harder than my buddies 10's. Figure out how many watts you can afford to run, see how much air space you can get in a box under the seat, then buy the subs to match the air space and watts from the amp.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up the pioneer slim 10" sub and cabinet and it's cheap and fits well I could easily put one on either side of the bump currently driving it with a M500 Alpine Amp. I wanted musical and fill at low volumes for the 180$ CDN this thing is at Best Buy, It has really impressed. it's ok for now. When I get my new processor and amps I will likely upgrade to thin 10" alpines and build custom boxes for them. I am new Alpine dealer and I got a great info book from them with my dealer package and it has some great enclosure examples for both sealed and ported enclosures for all of the Alpine subs and pretty much any required fitments, these are with layouts and all measurements. The one I found for our trucks fit the New SWR-T10 sub and in a sealed enclosure it measures - 20L x 5"H x 12.5"D.

rgds,

Dave

Edited by David S (see edit history)