2500Hd W/ 6.0

TYLERTXSS

This depends on what the primary use of the truck will be. If a DD then no, but if its a "light tow rig" then yes. For everyday towing and loads greater than 8k, I would step up to a dmax and skip gas trucks all together.

sent from my thunderbolt

Do you guys have any thoughts on this? I am wondering if the tow capacity is worth the extra money. The 1500 with the 6.2 is about 10k less. I find it odd that you can get a 1500 with a 6.2 but the 2500HD offers only a 6.0.

the 6.2 in the 1500 is an aluminum block and the 6.0 in the 2500 is an Iron block wich is a little better for towing. I know what you mean though, the 2500 (with the 6.0) is so much more expensive but you can only tow a couple hundred pounds more than the 1500 with the 6.2

I keep thinking about what im going to do for my next truck, i think a 1500 with the 6.2 will be so awesome but the only thing that would make me not want one is that I want a crew cab and i hate the short bed they offer in the 1500 crew. I think my next truck will have to be a nice used 2500 with the Dmax. by the time I am ready to buy a new one the next body style will be out, and i should be able to pick up a nice used 2011 for a good price

As weird as it sounds one of my dream trucks was a mid 90 model Dodge Ram w/ a 12V Cummins and I finally got a 94 with only 90,XXX miles on it and of course my SS. My problem is that I just bought a new house and I only have parking for one of them so it may come down to me selling them both and getting something that is nice and will double as a tow rig. As it stands now I DD the Cummins and drive the SS like once a month (when Im not working overseas). Im attached like everyone else and dont want to sell the MonSSter.

the 6.2 in the 1500 is an aluminum block and the 6.0 in the 2500 is an Iron block wich is a little better for towing

O ok, makes perfect sense then

I know what you mean though, the 2500 (with the 6.0) is so much more expensive but you can only tow a couple hundred pounds more than the 1500 with the 6.2

Yeah the price difference make me want to :puke:

<br />why not get a diesel? if your gonna buy a 2500 hd i dont see the point in a gas engine<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Agreed, I drove both gas and diesel and diesel is where its at for towing, pushing or pulling.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

there is more to towing than just an engine... the price difference also comes in from: the trans, the axle(s), brakes, frame, wheels, tires, suspension... so to base the difference on engine choice is foolish. BTW, I would take a 6.0 with a 4l80 over any 6.2 with the 6lxx any day, and the allison above all....