Need Paint Options

sprayed99

Here is what I'm looking at. I will keep the frame black and my favorites are listed in order below.

Here is the truck.

001-13.jpg

Option 1:

Cyber Gray Metallic

DSC05467.JPG

Option 2:

Lavagrau

L1000458.jpg

Option 3:

Spies Hecker FP 2002

d23-temp-sig-1504.jpg

I have a very nice downdraft booth to shoot this thing in, but black always worries me because the smallest bit of shit that could get in the paint it will in the end ruin that part of the paint. With a metallic it will hide any imperfections at least the smallest ones.

On a truck like that you gotta roll black imo bro. The black on that bimmer is sick!

You wanna do the body work??? LMAO Black suck ass IMO if you have never painted a show type car before then you should... It will make you think 100 times over about painting something black.

The Black has been the choice for almost 10 years.... now all the new greys are out and thats what got me thinking about it.

Im a big fan of a really dark blue, that looks black in low light conditons but pops in the sun...I wanna say it was called midnight black or midnight blue or something like that. IMO the darker the better on that type of truck...That bimmer does look sick, I like that color the most of the 3.

You wanna do the body work??? LMAO Black suck ass IMO if you have never painted a show type car before then you should... It will make you think 100 times over about painting something black.

The Black has been the choice for almost 10 years.... now all the new greys are out and thats what got me thinking about it.

Haha I know exactly what your talking about me and my friend have both done restorations of old cars and man is it a pain sometimes trying to get things razor straight and sanded perfect for base/clear. He ended up having great paint and show results with his 67 Firebird with a LQ4 swap just won best Hot Rod at a car show up here (its painted in a factory 67 metallic blue). Good luck with your truck project.

#3 FTW.

All steel body, top of the line everything, and a LS in it.

We both know how much of a pita it is to spray black. Let alone a show quality finish. If you were to do graphics or something two tone i'd go cyber grey, and black with a red pinstripe. But since it will be one color most will appreciate a good black paint job. Takes time but worth it in the end!