Dissapointed In The Ss

alex.t

all i could pull was 16's in the 1/4 all day wat the hell is goin on , especially with my mods , my 60 ft's were around 2 , i had some really good reaction times. just because of it being 32 degrees here could it make it that much worse , i was embarassed to see those times. it was my first time at the track but still.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post your timeslip results.

Do you have HPTuners, or EFILive, or an AutoCal box so that we can see a log of your truck?

I would expect your 60-ft time with that converter to be between 1.8 and 1.9 seconds, if not better, and a 1/4-m time of at least 14.00.

What comp cam grind is installed? What injectors? Were you running on the 22s?

With the weather so cold did you have traction/wheelspin issues at launch?

Mr. P.

Well that makes more sense now, high heat and humidity make for horrendous track times. Any idea what the track elevation is? Also, you may be maxed out in terms of fuel injector, I know my injectors were maxed out before I even upgraded my cam(110% duty cycle at WOT). Might be time for an injector swap, the only way to know is if you run some logs, which will tell you exactly what is happening.....

Well that makes more sense now, high heat and humidity make for horrendous track times. Any idea what the track elevation is? Also, you may be maxed out in terms of fuel injector, I know my injectors were maxed out before I even upgraded my cam(110% duty cycle at WOT). Might be time for an injector swap, the only way to know is if you run some logs, which will tell you exactly what is happening.....

+1 for injectors. i had that same cam before i installed my blower and my stock injectors were in the 115% range.

100+ IDC is not going to kill track times,

IDC? X2 on injectors, I have a procharger in mine and I was leaning mine out at around 5200rpm's. That's with a walbro pump and boost pump. Pumps also may be something you'll want to look into down the road... my 2cents

If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, than it needed to be fixed anyways...

Edited by *907BlownSS* (see edit history)

In my 03 SS I ran a 14.94 with a zippy tune with intake and exhaust but I had pretty good track conditions. I have a youtube video of it but as you can see my reaction times were terrible and im embarrased with those runs but hey it was my first time running my ss at the track and it was my daily so I didnt wanna beat it to bad.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ericsxtreme99#p/a/u/0/Zumn_7Isq8Q