Another Dash Peeling

jon1178

i was cleaning the interior today and was wiping my dash down and a whole section about 2"x3" wiped right off down to the black right above the stereo. i cant stand to leave it like this. has anyone pulled the dash off to repaint and how much of a pita is it and what paint and color was used. i dont know weather or not to attempt this myself or just take it to an automotive upholstery shop and see if they can maybe fix just the spot that is peeling.

wow i have never seen one that bad before. the dash is very easy to take off. when you go to paint it, unless you want the terxture still i say either sound down the texture that is on it with is a pita or bondo it smooth and then sand it smooth then primer, then paint it black. then it is different then other silverados and looks awesome. :pepsicheer:

Guest JasonHensley22

Wow i've never seen that happen, I wonder if it was a defect from the factory or maybe because your in a hot place with the sun beating down on it so much... odd. Let us know how it goes and take pictures after it's repainted, i'd be interested in how it comes out.

Mine is peeling in a very small spot near the passenger door above the grab bar, bout the size of a dime, one day ill get it painted, im tired of people getting in and saying "what is that?!" *Touch*

Me: facepalm.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Guest JasonHensley22

Mine is peeling in a very small spot near the passenger door above the grab bar, bout the size of a dime, one day ill get it painted, im tired of people getting in and saying "what is that?!" *Touch*

Me: facepalm.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Don't you hate that, your truck could be in showroom condition and THAT is the one thing they point out. And of course they HAVE to touch it too. I know it drives me crazy. ughdance.gif