Front End

hey i had a question was wondering if i could use a front end out of a 96 or 97 chevy suburban and swap that into my 04 awd ss front end i dont know if this would work jus throwing it out there tryin to save a lil money and get away from this front end whine i have... thanks for any input

it's not a direct bolt in. the biggest issue is the housing mounts i believe. someone stated that the front cross member is not compatible with the standard GM 4X4 front diff mounting points..you can inter change most parts, but you need to retain the center section..better off IMO just rebuild what you have..

• 1 month later...

99 through 05 are the only front diff that will work in the SS. Also must modify a standard 4WD center diff to work with the SS AWD system. the big changes are the spider gears in the carrier. The right side one needs to be cut to accept the axle 'C' clip or the AWD passenger axcle will roll out. Also, it is tough to find a 4:10 fromt diff from a standard 4WD truck.