Center Cap Discoloration

I have the factory silver wheels and 2 of my center caps have an odd white looking discoloration on the chromed center section. The paint is perfect, just the center parts are discolored. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, are there any fixes for this besides replacing them? I am open to all suggestions though. Maybe stick-on covers are available? I want to keep the factory look on them. Thanks for any info or ideas?

post-20688-076113400 1317159292_thumb.jpg

post-20688-059965200 1317159294_thumb.jpg

Edited by MARTYW (see edit history)

I think that is a common problem, mine don't have it but I have seen other SS's with that same problem. I think I've seen a set of those grey center caps on ebay you might want to check there. They weren't too expensive.

Edit link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Silverado-SS-oem-center-caps-silver-never-used-/160655803331?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2567d503c3

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Have you look at LMC truck parts? I found them in there awhile back. They are like $140 for 4 of them. Here's a link.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ce/full.aspx?Page=122

The disclaimer says these center caps are only for rims wrapped in NON-bald tires.

:laugh:

Marty this is a joke at SS truck, sorry, couldn't resist he'll get the joke

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

That happend to my center caps as well. Trust me when I tell you, DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THE CHROME STICKER IN THE MIDDLE! It was freakin hard to get out and once you did there was a huge build up of glue under them. I ended up just painting over the glue. I recommend just getting stickers to put right over top of the stock stickers.