Broken Tire

feece08

so i just got to VA and i had a real nasty wobble up front(like shaking the whole truck nasty). i pulled it in i told the dude i thought my balnace might be kacked or something. i told him it only did it at low speeds. ive never seen or heard of this so im just posting it for ya'lls knowledge...anyways it was a broke/twisted tire. i guess if you hit a pot hole or something good enough(or 800 mile non-stop..lol) it will break the metal bars/plates or whatever inside the tire, makes a lump and puts a nasty wobble in your shit. he put it on the lift and spun the tire and it was very noticible. the reason it only does it at low speeds is becasue when your tire starts to speed up enough, the centrifical force flatens out the lump and you wont notice it. let this go for too long and you'll definetly end up with a blown out tire( mine was leaking) or worse...

<br />Something similar happened to me. I would hear a loud thump every rotation. Took the tire off, and one side was completely flat.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Just happened to me a few weeks ago....,Taylor it was nice to meet you enjoy school.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yea it was a close one.lol yea it was good meeting you guys. Well do it again soon I'm sure. Gunna have to run the trucks next time.;)

If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, than it needed to be fixed anyways...

A broken or shifted belt in a tire is a common defect in tires. This is usually due to a pothole encounter, or something similar to a sharp direct hit to the tire.

I have seen tires with less than 50m on them come back, thinking that the weight got chucked during driving, or the balance was not done correctly. After a quick sping on the balancing machine you can usually see a broken belt and the wobble the tire has to it from a broken belt. Sometimes the belt is not noticable, and has you searching all over the place for a cause.