Converter Install Tips

Im installing my torque converter this weekend into my truck. Ive installed converters before but never in a awd truck. Is there any tips or pointers you guys can give me to make this a smoother process. Thank you for any help

You can do this two ways, you can remove the transmission with the t-case still bolted up or seperate the t-case from the trans. If you leave the t-case bolted up, after you remove the bellhousing bolts slide the trans/t-case back as far as you can go over the crossmember. Then lower the bellhousing down and slide the whole thing out from the front of the truck. Or you can remove the t-case from the trans as I said. I find this easier as you arent fighting this big bulky hunk of metal. You dont have to drain the t-case fluid and when seperating the t-case from the trans it can be kind of tricky sliding it off the outputshaft on the trans. I find if you move it up and down as you slide it back it will come off. Other than that its pretty straight forward with your driveshafts, exhaust, sensors, starter, cooler lines, dipstick, converter bolts, and bellhousing bolts.