Fuel Pump Problem

built04SS

Ok so i put the new motor in my truck today and went to start it and the fuel pump wont cut on.... So i drop the tank and pull the pump and straight wired and it works put its not getting power to it..... So i cange the relay for it under the hood and still nothing... Bit while we were just staring at the truck thinking the fuel pump dcides to cut on amd prime bit it stoped and no pwer to the pump again.. does anyone one have an explanation for this im stumped

*This probably isn't the issue but I had an 03 RCSB someone had put a LS1 into and the fuel pump stopped working after messing with it one day and for some reason I found that by grounding the ground lead on the headlight it made the fuel pump start working again like normal. So I just added a ground wire off of the drivers side headlight and no problems after that. IDK though that was my random experience.

*This probably isn't the issue but I had an 03 RCSB someone had put a LS1 into and the fuel pump stopped working after messing with it one day and for some reason I found that by grounding the ground lead on the headlight it made the fuel pump start working again like normal. So I just added a ground wire off of the drivers side headlight and no problems after that. IDK though that was my random experience.

that sounds very odd lol

Well believe it or not it was the headlights lol.... It was my hid ballast the headlights were un pluged but the ballast werent and i pluged the headlights in and BAM the bitched worked lol bit now it busted an oil line.... Just my luck