Hard Shift

So when I bought my truck I was told it had a yank 2800 stal, and a shift kit. Both of which seem very plausible just from the feel and how much I can preload before take off. Here's lies the issue. I think that last week at the track it might jot have shifted from third. I was on it and up around 98 or so it sounded like I was hitting the rev limited so I had to let off of it. I think that's what Happend. It didn't do it all night just one run. And that's it. Few months back it did that as well on only one run. Now I'm driving around it feels like its shifting a bit harder to 2nd than usual. It's always been a firm shift that's Def noticeable, but seems harder now driving around, and it only slams when I'm gettn on it more than normal ops. So my question is, does anyone think I could have some issues. I'm a little nervous cause I'm driving bqck to RI next week. Don't want to get stuck on the side of the road. But also don't want to take it to some random dude in VA. Any opinions welcome! Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I am with Rey on that too.

Another thing to do is.

Take it to a trans shop to have them hook up a line pressure gauge. They can tell you if you have excessive line pressure causing this, and can help you narrow it down to hard parts, or somthing other.

If u u mean stored codes by like the check engine lights, I haven't gotton any for that. Should I have this looked at before I leave, any body got any.ideas on who I should take it to... can I do anything myself

If u u mean stored codes by like the check engine lights, I haven't gotton any for that. Should I have this looked at before I leave, any body got any.ideas on who I should take it to... can I do anything myself

Depending on how your tune is set up. shift adapt learning will/will not take place. If your trans is shifting abnormally hard, then there is a good chance that there will be a store malfunction code in the PCM, even if the CEL is not on. However, if you already disconnected the battery, it might have been erased. Yes it can be done by you. You just need a code reader. however, the fix might be beyond your reach...

I know that the current tune is a self learn because when I disconnected the battery it took a few miles for everything to get back to normal. Not sure about the shifting side of it. I do have a code reader, will I see anything if the cel is not on? I wouldn't be surprised if it outa my reach, trans are something I've never messed with.lol