1/4 Million Club

canadianVRss

Umm, but that's only 155342 miles. That's not much. Too early to retire it, IMO. There's a silverado around here with the 5.3l that has over 300,000 miles on it and still runs like a top. The owner doesn't treat it good either, he literally floors it everywhere.

Edited by 2001silverado364 (see edit history)

Umm, but that's only 155342 miles. That's not much. Too early to retire it, IMO. There's a silverado around here with the 5.3l that has over 300,000 miles on it and still runs like a top. The owner doesn't treat it good either, he literally floors it everywhere.

300 000 miles?!?! Holy balls, go :chevrolet:

My '02 1500 Z71 just rolled over 200k. She still runs like a top, no major problems so far. She's been used pretty rough as a work truck, lots of off-road/field driving and lots of hauling tools/equipment. With lots more in the future.

I have to assume our SSS's are capable of 200k+ as well, especially if you treat em' right :)

156,000 here. These are great engines. I used to work for GM Technical Assistance and I remember when these engines first came out. At that time, GM wanted some engines back (untouched) for analysis. They took a bunch of 300,000 mile engines back from customers (mostly fleet customers) and gave them a brand new engine in return. There were a ton of these engines at that mile range that had never had so much as a valve cover off. Just good maintenance schedules.

I'm more then impressed with mine considering that those are mostly supercharged miles (FuelSlut was the original owner of the truck).