Stereo Issues

I connected my pioneer double din.. Im pretty good with this stuff but the dam stereo stays on if when I shut off the truck...I have to manually shut it off

I could not figure it out..anyone have any ideas

I do have the bose system.. We ended up connecting the blue wire and yellow and red together from the stereo....with the red and yellow from the harness

Need more info... which interface? Bose? Red ignition hooked to what?

I do have the bose system.. We ended up connecting the blue wire and yellow and red together from the stereo....with the red and yellow from the harness

Why would you do that? Blue goes to the bose remote turn on or pink in the trucks harness and the ignition wire goes to either an ignition switch, or you get a relay that's activated by a dk. blue(pin b3) wire in the gray connector at the bcm(sunroof relay rap power). here's the diagram I use when working on gmt-800 bose trucks, it pretty much tells you everything you need to know except how to keep rap without a module.

Edited by Mr. 3/4 ton SS (see edit history)

Sorry I hope you dont get upset but I do not understand that.... is there maybe a simpler way to explain wich wires connect to what?

Why would you do that? Blue goes to the bose remote turn on or pink in the trucks harness and the ignition wire goes to either an ignition switch, or you get a relay that's activated by a dk. blue(pin b3) wire in the gray connector at the bcm(sunroof relay rap power). here's the diagram I use when working on gmt-800 bose trucks, it pretty much tells you everything you need to know except how to keep rap without a module.

Alright, let's get a few thing sorted out first... You have bose and you're keeping bose, correct?

You do realize that 03+ factory radios are turned on by a data wire and that the factory radio doesn't use an ignition wire, correct?

You also realize without using an install module you are losing things like bose, chimes and factory xm, correct?

You also realize that you will lose your steering wheel controls without another type of adapter, correct?

Just some common knowledge that you need to know first, IMO.

I am keeping my bose

I am I understand my steering wheel controls will not work..

I understand what I am losing..

I just want to know how to make the dvd player turn off when I take out the ignition key...

sorry im still learning all this stuff

Alright, let's get a few thing sorted out first... You have bose and you're keeping bose, correct?

You do realize that 03+ factory radios are turned on by a data wire and that the factory radio doesn't use an ignition wire, correct?

You also realize without using an install module you are losing things like bose, chimes and factory xm, correct?

You also realize that you will lose your steering wheel controls without another type of adapter, correct?

Just some common knowledge that you need to know first, IMO.

Okay, just making sure. Well you said earlier that you just hooked the red ign. wire to the yellow power wire and that's what is causing the radio to stay on. But you also stated you hooked the radio's blue wire in with it as well, and I wanted to know why because that is the radio's remote wire and is intended to be hooked to an amp to turn it on and off which is why I said to hook that blue wire just to the trucks pink wire, that's the one that turns on the bose amp. And the red wire on the radio need to be hooked to the ignition switch if you don't care about losing rap(retained accesory power). Rap keeps the radio on after the truck is off but the doors haven't been opened. If you want rap without using the module, you must go out and buy a relay and hook pin 30 to the power wire in the radio harness, pin 85 to ground in radio harness, pin 86 to pin b3 at bcm gray connector, and pin 87 to the radio's red ign. wire.

I have no idea man.. I just got the Pioneer DVD player and bought and bought a harness at AutoZone and connected it.. I guess I didnt connect the wires right..

your using a stupid access interface arent you??? I had the same problem, thats what i get for going the cheap route. That thing sucks