Stock Motor Finally Gone

Well, as a few of you already know my motor finally crapped out on me last week on my way home. I was messing around with a new body style Bullet Mustang on the highway and next thing I know I'm pouring smoke all over the place and oil and coolant are going everywhere. At first I thought I had blown a head gasket or lifted a head but after further inspection its a bit more serious than that. I havent been able to pull the motor out of the truck and inspect it fully, right now I only have the passenger side head off but here are some pics of what I found. Ill keep you guys updated as I get the motor out and tear the rest of it down.

Number 7 spark plug was my first indication that I might have bigger problems :P

c9fc996f.jpg

As you can see, #6 has been "massaging" my exhaust valve and #8 has some pretty good sized chunks of metal in the cylinder....

a3e76fdb.jpg

This is the crap that was in #8

03e3f34a.jpg

The head doesnt look TOO bad, but not in the greatest shape. And no the metal in #8 DID NOT come from the head.

0a3ce400.jpg

Im still not sure where or what the mystery metal is and no I havent tested it to see if its magnetic or not. I got as much done this passed Tuesday that I could before I ran out of light and didnt bother pulling the other head with it in the truck since the whole damn thing has to come out anyway. Enjoy! :)

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)

where did the metal come from, did you find out yet?

Not yet, with school and work it's hard to find time to make any progress. I did finally figure out that the metal is mostly aluminum, with a few pieces of something magnetic here and there

Now I understand why member "8 UR HMI" was saying your truck went "kaboom." Sorry to hear this buddy, you had a helluva setup. Try looking around for a used L92 in a junkyard, thatll be a beast with your Procharger. :chevrolet: