Sts Rear Mount Kit For 5.3

okay guys so i have decided i want to bite the bullet and go faster..

my current mods are: TSP224/224 .581 112LSA cam, 7.4 pushrods, retainers, ls7 lifters, dual springs, long tubes, cold air intake, true dual 2.5 in exhaust, 160* t-stat, 3200 PATC stall, transgo HD-2 Shift kit, corvette 2nd gear servo, sonnaz 4th gear billet servo, ls6 ported oil pump, NGK TR-55 Plugs and MSD wires.

i am wanting to go STS. truck will run mid 13s now on its current set-up. my goal is low 12s high 11s. im wandering what all i wud need. i know i need injectors, fuel pump, and tranny work. wht i wud like is what people are running now.

as far as my budget goes, its 4-5k.. if that budget is not possiable let me know where i will need to be. cuz i do want to do this right and not cut corners, as i know how crucial boosting is.

Thanks guys.

For that price kbeacing has a good intercooled kit that will work. But you will loose your headers. If you plan on keeping them they will hurt an sts kits performance.

sent from my thunderbolt

anyway i can get ahold of Kbracing or do they have a website? and does there kit come with turbo headers, or manifolds?

you gonna need more money then that, ive gotta spend over 8k on my sts build (4k invested already), gonna be putting out 10 psi on a stock block for now, should be around mid 12's, you might not need as much boost since you have some motor work

Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

Id say for the 4-5k range. id either get the kb kit or find a good used unit. kbracing kits have made some good power. here ya go. http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/members/kbracing96-25675/ heres his email. his name is kyle. great guy [email protected]

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

There are alot of good front mount turbo setups out there that are going for cheap. I bought mine as a non intercooled setup, and added an intercooler and better BOV and Wastegate and a whole fuel system conversion. I added about 3k to the total for upgrades after the turbo set up. Most of that wan't needed for the most part, but I will need it sooner than later.

You can also get ahold of Rick at Trick Performance. He built my setup, and I got in a group buy he had going on so the price was a little lower.

IMO there are a few people that have a stout rear mount set up on their trucks. Rey ( chpspecial ) is one of them. He is the man to talk to on it.

My buddy also has a rear mount that he made himself after his STS kit took a crap on him two times. He hasn't had a problem with his custom made setup because he learned from the STS kit on what he had to change.

There are alot of good front mount turbo setups out there that are going for cheap. I bought mine as a non intercooled setup, and added an intercooler and better BOV and Wastegate and a whole fuel system conversion. I added about 3k to the total for upgrades after the turbo set up. Most of that wan't needed for the most part, but I will need it sooner than later.

You can also get ahold of Rick at Trick Performance. He built my setup, and I got in a group buy he had going on so the price was a little lower.

IMO there are a few people that have a stout rear mount set up on their trucks. Rey ( chpspecial ) is one of them. He is the man to talk to on it.

My buddy also has a rear mount that he made himself after his STS kit took a crap on him two times. He hasn't had a problem with his custom made setup because he learned from the STS kit on what he had to change.

what happen to his truck??? just curious, so i know what and what not to do, the crappy oil pump?

Oil pump was one of them, and he had their "Best" pump. Also had to upgrade the cold side which was the upgraded version of their kit.

Reynaldo can give you the ins and outs of his setup, and the ideal way to run it.

the problem with mine has been the relays... I blow one out every year and a half or so.... other than that nothing wrong here. However, the O.P. is set up more for a superchager now than an STS kit. If he was to do one, he is probably going to hate it as its going to require a lot of minor mods to get it to run half decent. STS kits do not like headers...

• 2 weeks later...