Clunk When Coming To A Stop

I need some help with a problem I am having. I have an 05 SS all wheel drive with 56,000 miles on it. The truck makes a clunk noise when coming to a stop and also does it at times when going from park to drive. When coming to a stop the truck feels as if there is slop somewhere in the drive train. I have a very honest a reputable transmission guy working with me on this and I trust his work and he is at a loss with this. We originally thought it was coming from the transfer case so he cracked it open. The transfer case was in really bad shape. He rebuilt it and we thought that would take care of it. He also installed a TransGo shift kit as the previous owner had done some home made shift kit. After both of these done the clunk was still there. During all this I had noticed that the front end was making a little noise when turning. I had read on here that it is pretty common for the front end bearings to go bad so that was the next thing to be serviced. He just got done doing the entire front end minus the actual gears and axles as they all looked good. Everything else in the front end was pretty bad. He found a couple of things he thought might be the cause of the clunk but once he got it all back together and drove it the noise was still there. At this point we don't know what else it could be. I'm hoping somebody on here has had the same problem and can guide me in the right direction. By the way the dealer told me this clunk was normal. I don't think it is as this clunk is pretty loud. Plus I have owned a Denali and Escalade that are similar drive train platforms and never had this kind of problem. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Edited by JLsoundsfast (see edit history)

I would recomend making sure you have the nickle plated output shaft on your driveshaft and at a minimum make sure it's lubed. It's common for the output shaft on the rear shaft to stick on take off and when stopping making a cluncking noise like you're hearing. GM had a bulliten for it on the older models.

The dealer said they lubed it last time it was in there when I first complained about it. I will ask my guy that has done all the work on it but he is pretty thourough especially right now as he is frustrated why he can't find this noise

I would recomend making sure you have the nickle plated output shaft on your driveshaft and at a minimum make sure it's lubed. It's common for the output shaft on the rear shaft to stick on take off and when stopping making a cluncking noise like you're hearing. GM had a bulliten for it on the older models.