Fast Lsxrt Install With Lotsa Pics

Maybe boring but I am gonna walk through my fast install.

I ordered this new purge valve so no trimming was required.

evanpics1523.jpg

Push the grey tab inwards to release The top of it. What other cap will fit that green thing is super ugly????

Disconnect the brake booster, the wiring harness TB, PCV and both fuel pressure fittings off rail.

evanpics1528.jpg

These come off first just pull them up and pull them off the wire.

evanpics1530.jpg

Stock intake off what a mess.

evanpics1534.jpg

Fresh air for PVC system

evanpics1544.jpg

Taking a drill to a 1000$ piece of plastic is fear inducing .

Intake on for a test fit. No spacers for purge valve so if you tighten all the way is will sit crooked. I am going to shim later for now it works.

evanpics1541.jpg

Drilled New Map sensor and attached also brake booster hose on. 15/32 drill bit is not the most common and probably not in your tool box.

evanpics1538.jpg

I gave it a scrub with scotch brite pad and brake cleaner

evanpics1535.jpg

ok major issue. No matter what coolant crossover you use it will not work. I ordered the GM part from Fast directions. FAIL

evanpics1542.jpg

I had to take a break before I slammed my head into a wall. So I installed the fuel rails with the fast kit. Horrible directions Horrible more of a headache

evanpics1543.jpg

I went back and added the new coolant crosover. I made it work with a very large mallett. I should never have had to do this .

evanpics1545.jpg

Thanks for the pics and write up . :cheers: I too am interested in this intake. What plate did you use to fit the factory TB to the manifold? Also did you happen to see this writeup on Truckin.com ? I know they're using a 4.8 but was the outcome of the coolant crossover the same?

• 3 weeks later...