Oil Life Stuck On 43%

harriss

Ive had my SS for about 3 months. The dealer said he changed oil, but the oil life has been stuck on 43%. I changed the oil today, and reset the guage. I have reset it by holding in the enter button and by pumping the gas pedal. I reset it today, turned the key off, and back on. It read 100% but shortly reverted to 43. What is going on?

Thanks

Ive had my SS for about 3 months. The dealer said he changed oil, but the oil life has been stuck on 43%. I changed the oil today, and reset the guage. I have reset it by holding in the enter button and by pumping the gas pedal. I reset it today, turned the key off, and back on. It read 100% but shortly reverted to 43. What is going on?

Thanks

do you think you could complain to the dealer for selling you like a faulty truck and make them fix it???

(i know its a long shot)

Thanks

I would also recommend taking the vehicle back to the dealer for more assistance. Please feel free to keep us posted and contact me directly if you have further questions. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

Still can not get it to work, i forgot to mention I have a custom tune, via diablo predator. Im gonna flash back to stock to see what happens.

I would also recommend taking the vehicle back to the dealer for more assistance. Please feel free to keep us posted and contact me directly if you have further questions. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.

Still can not get it to work, i forgot to mention I have a custom tune, via diablo predator. Im gonna flash back to stock to see what happens.

AFAIK, your tune has absolutely nothing to do with your oil life monitor, all of that is contained in the cluster....oil life percentage is based on driving style/habits, engine RPM/temperature, etc.......

I believe I have found a solution. It appears this is a common problem. The pcm needs updated.

EDIT: Link doens't work http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/?target=AL6OGUUNG4VNG&target.method=onSubmit&A96OGZUNGYXNG=1&bm=_top#_top

If anyone has an updated version, please let e know.

Edited by harriss (see edit history)

ya the link doesn't work. I guess you would have to start at the beginning of the web page and enter the VIN.

here is the new link

http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web , with VIN 2gcek19n841133152

Select PCM, then click on the bulletin number

linky no worky, unless its my old version of internet.....

I havent got it fixed yet. I may not get it fixed. Now that I know it is not part of a bigger issue, im not concerned. Im wondering if I can flash it with my Diablo predator.

GO GM!!!!chevy_icon.jpgcadillac_icon.jpggmc_icon.jpg

I amazed that that wasnt fixed early you would think the first guy would have brought it back to the dealer.

have you gotten it fixed yet?

AFAIK, your tune has absolutely nothing to do with your oil life monitor, all of that is contained in the cluster....oil life percentage is based on driving style/habits, engine RPM/temperature, etc.......

idiot.gifidiot.gifidiot.gif

I havent got it fixed yet. I may not get it fixed. Now that I know it is not part of a bigger issue, im not concerned. Im wondering if I can flash it with my Diablo predator.

Now i do not know if he is right but i bet he his so i doubt your tuner can fix it.....just saying

Now i do not know if he is right but i bet he his so i doubt your tuner can fix it.....just saying

Disregard my statement, after thinking about the situation, and what I have seen with my own truck after swapping the PCM numerous times, it is in fact controlled through the PCM.....