Ebc Sport Rotors & Yellow Pads

Chevy56speed

Ok I am finally upgrading my brakes, time for this baby to stop before adding anymore power, that and i now live in the highest car to deer hit area in the US, WV....

I am all ready running EBC's yellow stuff pads, and they do help.... now I am looking to go with thier sport rotors front and rear, and some braided lines, and DOT 5 fluid, what else should I consider?

I own a 95 Impala SS, and there is a lil trick to the brake booster most folks do called the stealth bolt upgrade, basically we S Can the valve in the proportioning block and replace it with a set screw, this makes the car squat more, than nose dive when you stomp on the WHOA pedal. Has anyone tried this on our trucks?

Thanks

Justin

Switching to EBC is not going to plant your face to the windshield when you stomp on the brakes. Its a decent upgrade but will not match what you will get when doing a hydroboost swap or corvette Z06 upgrade. I have the same set up you are wanting to get and I give it a decent. I noticed alot when I swapped my drums to discs. I can feel the rear pulling me to a stop now.

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

iamwithstupid.gif good point I forgot to mention that. Those dimples are noisy!

A faint "whirr" sound yes.........noisy............not really, and even the whirr sound goes away after a few thousand miles. Besides that dimples won't crack like the drilled ones do.

A faint "whirr" sound yes.........noisy............not really, and even the whirr sound goes away after a few thousand miles. Besides that dimples won't crack like the drilled ones do.

Then mine were defective cuz they sang like a damn choir boy! even after a few thousand miles...

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)