Power Steering Help!

Parriott31

Ok, I do not think this is in the right area. But I have a killer problem, In October i was running the Ss down the strip and I lost power steering. I Replaced the pump and flushed the system. I have been driving the truck daily since then and it was fine. I drove up to our mountain to do some snowboarding and got into some deep snow slipped up (did not get stuck) got r.p.m's up and boom no power steering.... Im lost on what to do i have heard the pumps are a pain in the rear and do not hold up at high r.p.m's but why cant i get a high performance pump or something if i can can anyone tell me where to find one? Any input is going to be helpful Thanks crew.

Check the condition of your belt, and it is possible that your pulley is slipping on the pump shaft. Can also be your tensioner not keeping enough tension on the belt.

How long did you lose the steering?

as long as power is up a little past one grand i have steering but if it gets below that no power steering. It seems to get worse if i am driving the truck longer as if the pump is getting warm but It has not gone away. Belt is new might look at the tensioner. Thanks.

<br />took it apart today and the shaft fell off. It was still under warranty thanks for the input i will keep that stuff in mind next time something similar comes up.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

What shaft are you refering too? the shaft that the pulley mounts on?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk