Took An Road Test

IMPALASS_RIDER

im from new orleans and my WHOLE family still stay there so i have drove EVERY car i own there..

so ALL of my 94-96 impala ss's have been and my 05 300, my old Sss (AWD) have been on 1 full up and still have gas to ride the streets with BUT in this 06 2WD i only got 13 F'N MPG!!! i dont even think i was half way and i had to fill back up!!!

the only mods that i know of is K&N intake and i thought that helps with the MPG's.. is there something i should check out? and the only gas i use is 93.. but its crazy that my AWD was getting atleast 15-16 highway and i though 2wd wouldve got me about 17 18 but at first i was getting 12.8 than 13

You can pull a cup of sea foam through the PCV valve, or the brake booster very slow.Shut off the truck. Pour the rest into the gas tank. Let it sit.Start up, rev rpms, and hold them while it smokes. Then go for a quick drive keeping the rpms up high.Do a oil change, check your plugs, check your throttle body to see if it needs cleaning.There is quite a few threads on it.

that sucks man. ya id do a tune up definatly. oil, plugs, wires, new air filter, check the maf, check tire pressures/ rotate them, check all fluids - tranny, front rear diff, power steering, coolant. how does it drive on the highway? if its out of allignment thatll kill mileage and tires lol.

How did you calculate the mileage? Via the DIC or did you divide miles driven by gallons to fill back up? If it was the DIC I wouldn't trust it too much unless you reset it right before you left.

this

Definantly sounds low for a SS, even an AWD... which yours isnt... Now you modded to hell guys, your an exception to the rule, and we know why you get 10-11 MPG :driving:

Its 1 thing if the DIC is off, but you said you couldnt even make it there on a tank, and your others did... so that rules out the display being off..... Hows the truck running? What speed were you cruising at?

ok guy thanks for the replys! im back in Houston (i got back yesterday).. i didnt get on yesteday because when i got back i was meeting up with one of my 96 impala friends that have a fully murdered out TBSS and we was headed to the car wash and we end up getting pulled over and they took him to jail so i had to pick up my wife and we got his truck and we was trying to bond him out all night...

but on the way home i ALMOST made it home! so i was happier but both going and coming i set it at 75 and road all the way.... but i was meeting up with my friend so we could do the seafoam, check my TB and do a oil change and we couldnt even make it to the car wash :(

but anyone in Houston want to help me out or wanna take a look at the truck call or txt me at 713 459 579two

EDIT- and yes i was going off the DIC but i guess that isnt always right from what i read..

Edited by NOT_SLO (see edit history)