Pvc System

i am installing new valve covers on my 02 4.8 when i install the cam. i thought i seen somewhere about eliminating the pvc system, or maybe im crazy. would that work and is it possible as long as you run a oil cap breather for crank case pressure? the new ones dont have the drivers side rear vent to the intake and pass side dont have the small vent to throttle body. i dont want to drill holes in these new ones if i dont have to, and any input would help me out alot. thank you. sorry if this is a rookie question.

I don't remember the exact details but there is a thread on here that you can search for, but the short answer is no don't do it. Find the thread and there is so much information on how the pvc should be run with a catch can and why not to run a breather your brain will hurt. But its all very good info. I know Krambo posted some really good info as well as Mr P and zippy I believe. Well worth the effort to find the thread and read.

i am installing new valve covers on my 02 4.8 when i install the cam. i thought i seen somewhere about eliminating the pvc system, or maybe im crazy. would that work and is it possible as long as you run a oil cap breather for crank case pressure? the new ones dont have the drivers side rear vent to the intake and pass side dont have the small vent to throttle body. i dont want to drill holes in these new ones if i dont have to, and any input would help me out alot. thank you. sorry if this is a rookie question.

PCV valve / system

Edited by Oscar520 (see edit history)