3/4 Drop By Djm Problem

Watty1986

I just installed a 3/4 drop kit on my truck. The problem is in the rear I replaced the shocks and the shackles, but it barely left me any clearance between the axle and bump stop mounts and bottoms out easily. It also seems to sag a little bit more in the back than the front. I have a few ideas about fixing the problem, but im just curious if any one else had the same problem and what the did to fix it

Post pics of your current setup and what you see as the problem. My guess is you'll get advice on right fix within a few posts. It could be because of something installed previously or something you've done wrong....but i tend to agree with removing the place that the bump stop is attached to as the fix without seeing pics or in person. Good luck

A lot of companies selling the rear djm kit are skimping out on parts when ordering kits and im starting to hear this more and more.

There should be 2 red bumpstops that came with the rear kit that replace the stock bumpstop in rear.

If you have the rear djm shorter shocks (please check to make sure the place you ordered from gave you the right shock) and 1 rear shock extender with the new short rear bumpstops in the truck there should be no issues at all. If you need pictures just hollar since I have like 30 of those kits here.

A C-notch is not required but if you have really shitty roads you may decide you want to notch it even after installing the thin bump stops. I know that a C notch is on my to do list.

just a heads up becuase i notch these a lot and customers ask me why is the djm notch 135 bucks vs belltechs 300.

Belltechs notches actaully box in the frame.