Born And Raised On A Chevy Dealership, Proud Ss Owner

williamgneal

As the title states I was raised on my fathers Chevrolet franchise in Van Buren, AR, and have grown up loving everything Chevrolet. When I was 10 years of age the 2003 Silverado Super Sport was brought onto the lot in 3 colors: black, arrival blue, and victory red. I instantly fell in love with the blue one and made a point of sitting in it and pretending I was a hot-shot racer until the salesmen were red at the face shooing me out of it, but I was the owners son, I ran that place (or so I believed ;) ). Anyways 8 years later in August 2011 I was rolling in to work in my 2001 stepside Z71 when I saw n all too familiar blue in the back of the lot, after making a b-line I beheld a beautiful 2003 silverado SS, arrival blue. I Quickly found my father going over things with the sales manager and pulled him aside to question him about the truck. After a solid month of non-stop banter about my love for the vehicle I convinced hi, to give it to me as an early graduation gift...my only graduation gift...nevertheless I got it, and I was the happiest 17 year old in America. After hours of scrubbing, waxing, polishing, inspection, and fluid changing, I decided to run a carfax on it. Interestingly enough the vehicle had been sold as a new unit from my fathers own dealership in 2003, could this be the very truck I had sat in for so many months?? Ecstatic at the possibility I quickly pulled the sales file and asked the salesman, a loyal 23 year veteran to ,y father, and it was indeed the very same Arrival Blue 2003 Silverado Super Sport that I had dreamt of driving as a boy, I now own not only a beautiful piece of automobile engineering, but also a symbolic part of my past; and, I love it like it is my child. The only modifications I have made are a flowmaster super 40 series muffler and dumped exhaust, sounds divine by the way, I plan on doing HID conversions on the headlights and possibly window tint. I will post pictures soon!P.S. I apologize for not capitalizing both S's in the title, I didn't realize my mistake until after I posted.

Edited by Rhodeschevy2003 (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

Yo man im about your age and i was born and raised around chevy vehical's. I was not born or raised on a dealership but i knew enough about chevy truck's to always understand that the ss was the baddest thing on the road and much like your story in august 2011 i purchased my own silverado ss 2003 awd victory red. following modifacations- K&N cold air, Flowmaster 40's true dual Hid conversion headlight's and tail light's 7.5 inch indash full boston acoustic door speaker's and 2 12" jl w6 (which are stupid loud btw)! But needless to say i was also the happiest 17y/o in america! Thank's for shareing your story!

Edited by Rpnaquin (see edit history)