If You Had $1000 For Mods?

I prefer the 06-07 hood to ANY aftermarket. A new hood isn't going to make it any faster or qicker.:yellow_loser:

I am very aware of project creep. My '63 Corvette convertible gets all my project creep money.

I just want to warm it over. This truck is not my main focus when it comes to performance.

It's my driver and I just want add bit of extra HP. My budget will stick at $1k or less.

:pepsicheer:

Edited by 1STTEXAN (see edit history)

Servos

Shift kit

Tune

Depending what headers you choose, you could easily go over your $1,000 budget with them alone.

I agree on the headers. I don't think the bang for the buck is worth it. If I went with high flow cats and a new cat back system. The headers would be woth it. But that would be over $2k alone.

I want to keep the truck apparently stock.

The '07 already has electric fans.

Please define "servos" . Are they trans servos?

What driving results can I expect from trans work? Sharper shifts, higher shift points?

I am thinking a Volant CAI, with a tune and maybe a shift kit.

Are pullies worth the trouble?

Yes, the trans servos.

A lot of guys go with the Corvette servos.

Also,most go with a billet,or Sonnax 4th.

Trans go HD2 or Superior shift kit.

This is a good write up that will tell you a couple other things to switch out.IE accumulator pistons, trans cooler etc.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/67343-shift-kit-w-servo-how-to-write-up/

You sound like you'll come to your own conclusion pretty quickly. The tune and transmission work are obviously a big deal for immediate needs without the creep setting in. It would be an interesting poll thread to have a range that creep has set in at a given moment in time, ie $1-2K, $2001-3K, $3001-4K, etc, etc. If enough people would post and they were completely honest, it would be pretty shocking to new owners i'm sure. Good luck

You sound like you'll come to your own conclusion pretty quickly. The tune and transmission work are obviously a big deal for immediate needs without the creep setting in. It would be an interesting poll thread to have a range that creep has set in at a given moment in time, ie $1-2K, $2001-3K, $3001-4K, etc, etc. If enough people would post and they were completely honest, it would be pretty shocking to new owners i'm sure. Good luck

Yes it would be interesting.

In the classic Corvette world, project creep easily goes into tens of thousands. Can be truly horrifying. Many on the Corvette Forum have a policy of NOT counting their receipts. Me included.

Yes it would be interesting.

In the classic Corvette world, project creep easily goes into tens of thousands. Can be truly horrifying. Many on the Corvette Forum have a policy of NOT counting their receipts. Me included.:yellow_loser:

Maybe to a lesser degree but i think you'd be surprised to know how many on this site end up tens of thousands deep. Again, it would be interesting to know. What happens when you break that grand in the first month? Are you seriously going to stop? Do you have that kind of control, or that many other projects?