Weird Noise From The Front

Hey guys the past few days i been hearing this weird winding noise. This winding noise only happens after i let off the gas after hard acceleration. Dont hear it at all while accelerating only right after i let of the gas. Its a weird winding noise that sounds kinda like starting a car thats already started. It doesnt do it that ive noticed when accelerating easily only when accelerating fast, atleast that ive noticed. Anyone ever had this problem or know what it could be. Any info would be great!

Hey guys the past few days i been hearing this weird winding noise. This winding noise only happens after i let off the gas after hard acceleration. Dont hear it at all while accelerating only right after i let of the gas. Its a weird winding noise that sounds kinda like starting a car thats already started. It doesnt do it that ive noticed when accelerating easily only when accelerating fast, atleast that ive noticed. Anyone ever had this problem or know what it could be. Any info would be great!

I. To have the same problem man I was told I need a new front diff man one day it jus started making the noise I jus don't have 1000 bucks for a. New one that I feel gm should replace for free cus almost all the 03 04s make this noise

And I renee taking my truck in and them replacing my axle boot for free because they came out with a revised seal which I'm almost certain is what has caused that nasty Noise that I have to deal with every day I wish we could all sign something getting gm to fix this problem

• 3 weeks later...

yupp same problem here... does yours get really aggressive when u let off at around 40?? thats when mine really shines lol... im just gonna replace the wheel bearings on both sides when it gets warmer and see if that fixes it. just too cold up here right now and this poor man has no garage haha -__-

yupp same problem here... does yours get really aggressive when u let off at around 40?? thats when mine really shines lol... im just gonna replace the wheel bearings on both sides when it gets warmer and see if that fixes it. just too cold up here right now and this poor man has no garage haha -__-

Let me know if that solves your problem. Im gonna change the front diff. fluid next week to see if that helps. Ill let you know

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any luck with replacing the front bearings or front diff. fluid??

I have the same whining noise like something is rubbing when i let off the gas from 40-65

It also makes some noise while I'm accelerating between 40-65

Has anyone had any luck with replacing the front bearings or front diff. fluid??

I have the same whining noise like something is rubbing when i let off the gas from 40-65

It also makes some noise while I'm accelerating between 40-65

Had this issue a while back. Was almost a grinding noise coming from the front. Ended up replacing both wheel bearings and solved the problem.

same noise > fixing my ss as we speak wheel bearings hubs timken sp500300 from napa auto store 145.00 each my price 1hour fix each wheel easy.:lurk:

:withstupid:

Not to steal the thread. I shouldnt have posted on this because this morning im hearing a squeek from what I think is the driver side wheel bearing again. (Been a few years) :banghead:

Question was: How easy is it to install the hub assembly? Last time I had mine changed I had someone do it.