Obx Guys!

canadianVRss

Hey guys I know there is a lot on the obx headers systems but I had a few in depth questions.

1.) on the passenger side header there is a flanged tube coming out of the front most header tube. I received 2 gaskets for it but can only find one flanged tube. Is the second gasket a spare? I'm guessing this is some kind of egr system :dunno:

2.) the carbon/graphite gaskets that came with the system are pretty poor quality so I went to GM and bought some stock ones but couldn't find any for that tube I mentioned in the previous question. Should I use the ones from obx and just use high temp copper anti seize to help seal it up?

3.) I I got 6 studs with locking nuts, but I need 8... Did you guys get 8?!

I've never had a problem with the carbon/graphite gaskets leaking as long as I sealed them up. But I thought I'd take the safe approach and get quality GM header gaskets to be safe.

Thanks for reading! :cheers:

I cut out a plate to seal up the EGR and used one of the gaskets...I also bought GM header gaskets...and yes I got 8 studs, but used the stock ones as my motor was brand new. I have had zero issues with my OBX LT's, love em.

I cut out a plate to seal up the EGR and used one of the gaskets...I also bought GM header gaskets...and yes I got 8 studs, but used the stock ones as my motor was brand new. I have had zero issues with my OBX LT's, love em.

So the egr tube is pretty much pointless for us?

I lost my first egr plug on the way to meet up with a few memebrs here, ended up on the side of the road found a blot that I forced in and it has been there since.

I think the hardware is for the collectors and not the head studs, but it has been a lont time since I out mine on...I used old spark plugs to fill the extra o2 bung holes too, alot cheaper than buying actual bung plugs.

I re-used my oe gaskets and they have been fine since then (two years maybe) just dont mess with the layers or bend them...good lcuk with the install