Should I Change Up Hood'S I Have A Twin Scoop Now Poll

Should i keep my current twin scoop fiberglass hood or go steel cowl   

28 members have voted

1. 1. hood choice's

• keep the twin scoop keystone fiberglass hood?
    • Or go with a steel cowl hood?

Ok so 2 summers ago i bought a keystone twin scoop fiberglass hood. it is a true rim air which don't really matter sense i'm turbocharged it really doesn't do much for me. So i came across a cowl hood on my local Craigslist. I have alway's like the look of the cowl hoods. I think they look clean. but at the same time i like my twin scoop. the only like i don't care for about the twin scoop hood is that im super picky and fiberglass is always wavy. not bad only when you get super close to it and are looking for flaw's. also the thing the hood make my truck look super aggressive. which sometime's i don't mind but i love the look of a super clean hood.

So do you guy's think i should keep the hood i have now or switch to a steel cowl hood??

heres what my truck look's like with the current twin scoop.

IMG_8496.jpg

IMG_7006.jpg

here is the hood i like. not sure if its a good mark or not?

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

also is this how the underside of a goodmarks hood is?

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

I prefer the cowl hood. The only experience I have had with steel cowl hoods is I put one on my 99 silverado. It was a Goodmark and my bodyman said it fit better than any aftermarket hood he had seen. Good luck if you go that direction.

Just for the record, I think your truck looks great either way! :thumbs:

I always liked the aggressive look a twin scoop gives to a truck. Yours is no exception! In my opinion the 442 "made" the twin scoop and it still screams muscle to this day. Gotta love it. Cowl looks good too, I'd be happy to have either :smoker: so send me your twin scoop and buy a cowl :jester:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Goodmark does make really good hoods. Except if you get the ram air hood like mine then you get a stupid little plastic bolt on peice to make the scoop, So you have to weld in a peice of metal. I was about to get a twin scoop hood till I came across the hood I have... But at the time I did not know about the gay Plastic peice

post-22239-0-08767800-1338449952_thumb.jpg

post-22239-0-59010100-1338450076_thumb.jpg