Ignition Switch And Start Button

dwalk

No. He bypassed it through my viper remote start and the ignition switch does the rest. No more key. I have it hidden just in case.

Do you still have to put key in and turn to on position like all the universal kits?

Sent From My GNex

No. He bypassed it through my viper remote start and the ignition switch does the rest. No more key. I have it hidden just in case.

Seems like a good idea in theory but it practice it really isnt. I have a Viper 5901 installed on my SS and one day the damn thing wouldnt crank. tried jumping it, hitting the starter and nothing. turns out it was just the starter kill built into the viper malfunctioning. Pulled the pannel under the steering wheel off and pulled the fuse for the viper and the truck started. So basically what Im trying to say is someone could pull that fuse in a minute and just hit the button and go,. no more starter kill. I would try to figure out another safety measure in there...

I feel like you just made yourself very vulnerable to a prank if you ever go to any kind of sss.com meet up

turn the truck around in the spot, park a few spots over move to neighboring parking lot .... good for a few laughs :crackup:

no its not that easy. I have a viper alarm on the truck and its used through that. Without the remote you can't start the truck. And if you don't do it right it won't start either.

so you just flip the switch and hit the button? Thats a car thieves dream! lol

I feel like you just made yourself very vulnerable to a prank if you ever go to any kind of sss.com meet up

Yeah that makes sense but if they remove the fuse, it won't start because the start button is bypassed with the remote start in the viper. Trust me, I did a lot of research before I did this.

Seems like a good idea in theory but it practice it really isnt. I have a Viper 5901 installed on my SS and one day the damn thing wouldnt crank. tried jumping it, hitting the starter and nothing. turns out it was just the starter kill built into the viper malfunctioning. Pulled the pannel under the steering wheel off and pulled the fuse for the viper and the truck started. So basically what Im trying to say is someone could pull that fuse in a minute and just hit the button and go,. no more starter kill. I would try to figure out another safety measure in there...

turn the truck around in the spot, park a few spots over move to neighboring parking lot .... good for a few laughs :crackup: