Cam?

A.Rozell

I have a factory 04' LQ9. I do have a cold air and plan on putting the LS3 intake with the 90mm TB on it. What cam can I get to give it a good lope at an idle and still run nice. I have a 68 Camaro with a 350 pushing about 450HP and i want it to sound kinda like that. I don't know the specs on the cam in my car but what duration and lift specs should I be looing at for my 6.0L?

You have to change your heads in order to use that intake, also you should use the L92 truck intake unless you plan on running a cam with a high rpm power band, longer runners help the heavy trucks low end, ugly as they may be.

Also depends on if you are running a stall and what stall speed. A big lopey cam probably requires a decent size stall. Or are you looking for a cam that will work without the stall?

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

I'm not going to put a stall in or anything I just want to make it sound a little lopier and give a little more deffenition between the cylinders for a little more muscular sound. I also want to change the intake, I have access to gmperformance parts cheap so im going to GM to get the new stuff, any suggestions on that?