Factory Radio Swap

Right now i have the factory bose witht he 6-disk, and i want to upgrade it to a touch screen that fits in, gives me full functions of xm/cd/fm/ipod and maintains the steering wheel controls. I would like to try to put a newer 09' touchscreen from an avalanche in it. will this work, fit right in, or is there no way i can do it.

Yep, thats the one, and I would levae the CD player out but i figred it would hook up in same harness but never actually seen the back of one. anyone know a "cheap" touch screen that looks and functions just like this that will fit with factory controls and have ipod connect.

I don’t think that will work in our trucks.

Get a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD. It has great functionality and not too expensive. Awesome Ipd Controls. Everyone I talk to about them loves them.

Not that expensive, and you can add the steering wheel controls

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

Steering Wheel Interface

IPod Cord

thanks! does it plug right in to the factory harness? and does the ipod appear in the menue when you go through the sources via the steering wheel controls? those are the only two things i particularly care about

thanks! does it plug right in to the factory harness? and does the ipod appear in the menue when you go through the sources via the steering wheel controls? those are the only two things i particularly care about

Does yours have onstar?

No after market stereos just plug and play, they require a harness which will cost you $50-100

If you add the steering wheel interface that I posted earlier you should be able to operate the sources through the steering wheel, but i warn you wiring up the steering wheel interface is a pain in the butt. I would recomend having it professionaly done.

Steering wheel controls actually couldn't be easier, tap one wire at the bcm, a ground, and ign. Then program the interface. Here's how to wire the swi-rc(replaced the swi-jack a while back) to a pioneer headunit. http://www.pac-audio...eer&swiOptions=

Edited by Mr. 3/4 ton SS (see edit history)

Thanks guys! I will try that one out. I do have on-star, I have an 04' with everything you could get with the SS.

Yous just need to make sure that you buy the wiring harness that works with onstar. I wouls seriously suggest having the install professionaly done if you dont feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Now if you buy and aftermarket headunit you will loose your stock XM, and there is not way in intigrate them.

My truck did not come with XM so I have aftermarket XM

I doubt I will install any of them if I cant get the XM to work. that is honestly the only thing i use. But i might find a factory one from the 04's because i know there are some out there from escalades and stuff that work in our trucks but my dad and i have to do a bit more digging around GM to see if we can get one haha.