My Sss Is Totaled.

Blown 346

On my way home today at 5:30 I was stopped in traffic and i got rear ended by a Chevy Traverse at 50 MPH. It threw my spare tire out 30 feet from behind my truck, caved in the tailgate and and crushed it into the closed position while seperating the inner and outer rear quarter panels. mangled the rear bumper underneath the truck, and pushed the tailgate into the cab and then dented the cab in a couple of inches on each side. It also broke the mounting tabs on my radio in the dash, and seperated the dash face and made my instrument cluster go haywire. I have owned the truck since new and now Its going to be sitting in a junkyard.

Im currently searching for 04 Black SSS with the same options to replace mine...

All is all the Traverse was brand new, the lady didnt even make her first payment yet and totaled her car as well. Her car is easily replaced, as my truck is not as easy in the condition and options mine had.

I luckily walked away with only a cervical sprain and strain, back ache, and wrist and arm pain. The truck held up better than anything I would have ever expected from a 50 MPH impact.

I will have pictures up tomorrow during daylight to show the misfortune.

If anyone knows of a nice lower mile 04 and up SSS for sale pass them my way. Im already going thru withdrawls of knowing That was my last time driving it.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Man, Glad you are Ok... the lady aswell! Vehicles can be replaced, even though it still pisses you off what happened, theres another SS out there for ya bud. Crazy..... just crazy.

Good luck in your search. Are you looking for an SS in your area, or willing to travel? There was an 03 Black SS for sale in cali ( in the for sale section )with 58k miles on it for 18k, when i was looking for my truck. If i hadnt found a blue 1 i wanted, i was gonna buy his, its super clean.

Im willing to travel to a certain extent. I would really like a 04 and up with AWD.

Thanks, Im glad im ok and that the lady is as well. She was my first concern, I didnt even look at my truck. She didnt get out of her car which worried me. All in all I agree vehicles can be replaced, but you know its never the same as your first one. lol

Wow that sucks. Glad your all right and thats great to hear the SS held up okay in that bad of an impact. I'm sure theres another one out there for you that you won't be able to live without! Also I'd like to see pictures when you get a chance, that sounds pretty bad.

Ill post them in the morning. Honestly looking at the truck from the side you cant even tell anything happened to it. From the back view it only looks like the rear bumper and tailgate need to be replaced. Until you walk toward the doors and see the crease and dents in the cab. Maybe Ill get lucky, but Im pretty sure from the cab being dented its a goner.

Ah man, sorry to hear. People can't be replaced, and by the grace of God your as in good of shape as you are. On the up side, you might by the truck back and part it out.............there is always an upside :)