Grinding Noise!

i have an 03 SSS with 60K miles and i have a grinding noise and it seems to be coming from the frontend. i check the transfercase fluid and its full and also check the front for fluid and it seems fine aswell. it grinds from 30mph and up and gets loud at around 45mph. its a constant skipping grind? maybe hubs are going out? any idea???

Hmm, grinding noise...I had a grinding noise in my 03's frontend and "Doc Mechanic" said for $2000 he can make it go away...and I'll be danged if he wasn't right....but it took major surgery...a complete rebuild!

Edited by Rays B4U (see edit history)

Hmm, grinding noise...I had a grinding noise in my 03's frontend and "Doc Mechanic" said for $2000 he can make it go away...and I'll be danged if he wasn't right....but it took major surgery...a complete rebuild!

ever findout what it was?

Rebuild on what....?

yup you were right ^ front differential is making the grinding noise so pretty much if its just a minor rebuild its 1200$ but if its major 1800$ range. oh well time to save up money.angry.gif i wanted to lower it but guess that"ll have to wait.