1 Month On Performabuilt Trans

Are you just swapping to an 80 just to do it or are you planning on a power adder? If you plan on staying factory converting to an 80 will just slow you down due to parasitic loss, weight, and taller 1st gear ratio. If you are running some sort of power adder (procharger, magnacharger, turbo) generally those factors dont come into effect as the added power overcomes. You can re-gear 1st gear to a lower gear (dont have the ratio specs off the top of my head) but its really expensive and generally guys with all out race cars only do this. I have heard many guys b*tch about this cause they want the strength of an 80 but still want the lower 1st gear the 60 has.

If you plan to stay just bolt ons, keep ur shift kit and servos and run it till something goes.

i just want to do the shift kit and servos for the mean time until i get all parts together. procharger, fast lsxrt, LT's, and the 4l80e swap. so hopefully within the next year or two all have all the parts together to do the build.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want to do the shift kit and servos for the mean time until i get all parts together. procharger, fast lsxrt, LT's, and the 4l80e swap. so hopefully within the next year or two all have all the parts together to do the build.

Cool. Good luck w/ ur build