Aluminum 6 Liter?

spichael1

Is the 6 liter that comes in the SS aluminum, and is it the HO? I have a regular cab 06 and im trying to get everything to convert it... Does anyone know where i can find an aluminum truck 6 liter? not wanting the expensive car styles... And what else can i buy to convert it over? i have the rims and front bumper. i need the rear bumper and cladding. what else would set it off?

post-23861-003315100 1329180330_thumb.jpg

Edited by spichael1 (see edit history)

No, the Silverado's engine is an IRON lq9. The TBSS and the vette come with ls2's that are aluminum

So i should shoot for an aluminum trailblazer engine? that should be way cheaper than the vette right? whats the stock hp for a tbss?

So i should shoot for an aluminum trailblazer engine? that should be way cheaper than the vette right? whats the stock hp for a tbss?

why do you want aluminum block? i was glad they put a iron block in the SS, they hold more boost =)

Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

If your getting a 6.0L just get the truck LQ9 that the SS's have and the Cadillac Escaldes came with. Look up junk yards in your area on Car-part.com and look up 03-06 Escalades or 03-06 Silverado 1500 but select 6.0L (LQ9). The LQ9 should be a drop in replacement for your truck other than tune and the transmission might not like the added power too much if you know what I mean.... LOL

Doesn't matter if it's from a vette or TBSS. A LS2 is a LS2 (small tweeks, but pretty much the same). I believe they're 400hp 400lb/ft could be 395lb/ft. Can't remember.

an ls2 is an ls2 same motor besides the intake really from a tbss to a vette. and it also was in the gto's and cts-v's. why are you doing this swap if you dont mind me asking

I ripped my transmission to hell when I programmed my 4.8... Im getting it built this time but would like to put some power to it. And overall I want to get the truck as close as I can to the SS with it still being a regular cab. Going for the clean stock look. I got a guy in ft. Laderdall with the cladding, rear bumber and instrument cluster. just need a 6 liter.. anything else u guys can think of that i will need would be a big help. I dont know anyone with an SS to go off of...

thanks,

Mike

Here is all the exterior upgrades the SSS comes with. It's an ex cab but you get the point.

ae16f907-3a2d-489b.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Ok,thanks man so I seen the exhaust tip on there and it makes me raise the question is there a difference in the exhaust system? wonder if I could find that for a good stock sound ... I hate loud attention getters!!