High Stall With Factory Motor.

Here's the scoop. I can't afford to do everything I want in one summer, but I want to button up the drive train this summer and do all engine work (minus exhaust) next summer. Has anyone ever put a 2600-3200 stall in a factory truck with tans servo upgrades? Second question is, once I have the high stall in how does it affect highway cruising if any? I drive from the Twin Cities to Fargo or Sioux Falls on an almost weekly basis in the summer and don't want to put a stall in if highway cruising around 70mph is affected. My truck has the 4:11's so its around 2300rpm or so at 70mph now.

Thanks,

Andrew

Here's the scoop. I can't afford to do everything I want in one summer, but I want to button up the drive train this summer and do all engine work (minus exhaust) next summer. Has anyone ever put a 2600-3200 stall in a factory truck with tans servo upgrades? Second question is, once I have the high stall in how does it affect highway cruising if any? I drive from the Twin Cities to Fargo or Sioux Falls on an almost weekly basis in the summer and don't want to put a stall in if highway cruising around 70mph is affected. My truck has the 4:11's so its around 2300rpm or so at 70mph now.

Thanks,

Andrew

Your Gas mileage will go to crap. Your RPM will be alot higher than that. Normally you put the stall in after motor work. otherwise its kinda pointless to have one with a stock motor. Not only that but your trans will go. The stockers dont last with decent modifications and HP. Honestly I would do full exhaust, intake, cam first. then beef up the tranny and then the stall and a larger trans cooler. if need be. Higher convertors will generate more heat build up and that is the number one killer of transmissions.

You absolutely can add a higher stall on a stock motor, I drove mine for over 2-1/2 years with a 3000 stall before adding my cam. As long as you upgrade the cooler to something larger like a TruCool Max 40k, you will be fine. A good quality stall and good tuning to support it can be a reliable combination, as most will drive like stock until you get your foot in it, mine did. RPM's on the highway were close to stock, and gas mileage was great, usually seeing 20+mpg on the highway. Of course along with a cooler, you will need the supporting mods to go along with it like a shift kit and servos. My motto is this........supporting mods first(trans/rear/etc), power adders last(cam/FI/N2O)......what good are power adders if you can't safely use them, and use them to their full potential?

Stock motor + 2800-3200 stall = fun! :peelout: