All Fixed Up And Alot Of $$$ Later

EmoWalrus05

good advice. thx.

This is what I do... Ill give reasons why i do these steps.

Either go to a do it yourself carwash with the high pressure wand, or use your own pressure washer, or hose. The high pressure wands work best.

1. Pop your hood and soak down the motor with soapy water. Dont use high pressure or squeeze the handle on the wand when your close to any electrical part. Even tho they have seals to keep water out they cant support that high of a pressure and they can split and or move and let water into the electronics. You can use high pressure on engine parts without electrical that are gummed up. After the motor is soapy, close the hood and let it rest on the latch assembly. Wash the rest of the vehicle. Once done with the vheicle rinse etc, Re open the hood and rinse off the saop. The soap will the chance to break up dirt while the hood is closed. Once you get home with this method you can just simply dab up and remaining water, and then use your detail spray or armor all and your done.

2. Drive the vehicle home, Open the hood, and grab a hose. ( Only if the motor has alot of gum that didnt come off in the wash) Get some degreaser or simple green. Simple green works very well, just dont use it full strength or it can damage the aluminum finish and make it looked washed out if it sits on it for too long.

3. Hose down the motor with just the pressure of the hose itself. then you can use simple green as the water on the motor will dillute it and you can grab a scrub brush and go to work. After your done scrubbing, re rinse all the crap off. Grab your air compressor line if you have one and get the water off and then use your detail spray of choice. Or dry by towl by hand.

Alot of people dont agree with this, I have been doing this on all of my vehicles for years and years and have never had an issue as long as you dont go crazy with water pressure on electrical connections.