The Difference Between Ss'S

dwalk

I used the search bar and did a little looking around and I couldn't find much. I was just wondering what the difference was between the SSS's as they got newer. I've been seeing that the hood is some how different or something about the front end. And also efans. Can someone explain to me what the differences are? Mines a rwd 05 SSS and can't tell what model I have.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

2003 and 2004 were all AWD and had mechanical fans, 2005 could be either AWD or RWD, 2006-2007 were all RWD, and all three years had electric fans.

2003 and 2004 always had leather, 2005-2007 they offered some options such as cloth seats to make it a bit cheaper. They also had a sunroof option in 2005-2007.

2006-2007 had a different style hood and grill.

I am sure there are other differences but that is the basics that I recall.

Edited by BlackSSS (see edit history)

I used the search bar and did a little looking around and I couldn't find much. I was just wondering what the difference was between the SSS's as they got newer. I've been seeing that the hood is some how different or something about the front end. And also efans. Can someone explain to me what the differences are? Mines a rwd 05 SSS and can't tell what model I have.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

03,04 are all AWD and only years you could get blue.

05 you could get 2 wheel drive or AWD and efans .. 2 wheel drive has rear drum not disk . and blue was replaced with silver birch. and moonroof was added as an option,

06,07 are all 2 wheel drive and got the hd hood / grill...

i think thats everything if not i am sure someone will correct me ...... chris

Edited by 1stimeSSguy (see edit history)

03 SS's have a return style fuel system, only year they did this.

Also if you have the e-fans you will have the 145amp alternator and slightly larger belt

any 2wd came with a 14 bolt rear differential, whereas the awd are a 10 bolt rear

03 SS fuel manifold:

fuelmanifold.jpg

03 SS external fuel pump

fuelpump.jpg

These are important factors to consider if and when you buy a blower.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

03 SS's have a return style fuel system, only year they did this.

Also if you have the e-fans you will have the 145amp alternator and slightly larger belt

any 2wd came with a 14 bolt rear differential, whereas the awd are a 10 bolt rear

03 SS fuel manifold:

fuelmanifold.jpg

03 SS external fuel pump

fuelpump.jpg

These are important factors to consider if and when you buy a blower.

are you saying those parts are out of a stock 03 SS or the add ons for a blower?

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Those are stock pieces out of an 03. So anyone with an 03 considering a Maggie will need a return style unit. Or else youll have to spend extra $150 to buy the returnless pieces like me :closedeyes:

the 03 SS is a return style. It has an in tank mounted pump with no external pump. I also don't recall that fuel block. The lines come out the top of the tank, run on the drivers side frame rail where the 3/8 supply line goes through the filter. From there they run up the top of the bell housing where they use left side top bell housing bolt to secure them with a bracket just before they come up the back of the intake and clip into the fuel rail, the 3/8 line going through the rail and 5/16 line clipping on to the regulator/return.

It says you have an 05, in 04 they stopped the return style and thats why you had to change over, or am i missreading what your saying?

Brad

here is a stock 03 SS pump

2011-11-05150653.jpg

here is a stock 03 ss pump next to a 03 5.3l flex fuel pump

2011-11-05121425.jpg

and i thought i had pictures of the racetronix pump with the hotwire kit for the 03, but can't find them

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Well the dude I bought the Maggie from had an 03 SS. I had to remove that return style fuel manifold piece and buy a new returnless one from Maggie. The kit also included that external fuel pump and I had to buy an in tank Walbro 255. I was just saying that if the OP decides to ever SC to make sure and buy a matching kit for his setup.