Was wondering all you guys who are runnjng the ddm hid kits what bulbs and ballasts andbwhat not your running? And do i have to call to order specific for the truck? Or can do it all from there website? And how insanely bright are they! :) do most of my driving at night

Any/all input would be great!

Was wondering all you guys who are runnjng the ddm hid kits what bulbs and ballasts andbwhat not your running? And do i have to call to order specific for the truck? Or can do it all from there website? And how insanely bright are they! :) do most of my driving at night

Any/all input would be great!

Color temperature varies, the most popular is the 6K or 6000K bulbs. They are bright. The higher up in Kelvin you go say 8K 10K etc the less light output you will have but you will gain more of a blue color.

Yeah the The higher you go up the Kelvin rating the more blue they become but the less light output there actually is

35W Bulbs

3000K Bright Yellow (only used in fogs never use in regular bulbs)

4500K Bright White (this is what stock HIDs usually are)

5000K Bright White with a tiny tinge of blue

6000K White with a little more blue (these are the most popular)

8000K much more blue

10000K Very Blue

12000K very very blue bordering on purple

I would not recommend anything over 8000K in the 35W they are way too blue and there is not enough light output

Now you can also get the 55W HIDs for a little more, but the 55W distorts the colors. I have 55W 10000K and they look more like the color of a 5000K or 6000K. The 55W are a little bright and I get a lot of people flashing me much more than I did when I had the 35W

I would seriously recommend going with 3000K in your fogs. I know some people dont like them because they dont match with the other bulbs and some people like to have 6000K in there lows brights and fogs. But the 3000K are amazing and a great in the rain and snow

Here is a picture of them in my Tahoe with the 6000K lows

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)