Tps Code P0121

Hey guys my sisters silvy threw a code last night P0121 , anyways i took it to the stealership in the morning. They wouldnt do a diagnostic check without charging me $105. I drove down to the pep boys and they did it for free, turns out i have a bad TPS(throttle position sensor). So i am on both here and pt.net looking for answers. I gave another reliable dealer a call and i explained to the tech what my problem was, i was having an idle close to 1,500 RPM, CEL, and a ticking noice at half throttle. so he informed me that i cannot change out the TPS i would have to buy a new TB. Is he correct or is he just trying to sell me a new one? Also, can anyone tell me what it might be, if i am going after the same problem or could it be something else?? Thanks fellas.

It can be a fluke, delete the code and see if it comes back... First check all the wiring to the TB, TAC module (black box next to the vacuum assist master cylinder) and gas peddle. IF it doesn't come back on, it could have been a momentary issue due to vibration or road bumps. If it comes back quick, yes you will need to replace the TB or any of the other parts I mention. Most likely the TB though.

It can be a fluke, delete the code and see if it comes back... First check all the wiring to the TB, TAC module (black box next to the vacuum assist master cylinder) and gas peddle. IF it doesn't come back on, it could have been a momentary issue due to vibration or road bumps. If it comes back quick, yes you will need to replace the TB or any of the other parts I mention. Most likely the TB though.

Kool I will look into all those mentioned things, thanks a lot Rey I appreciate the input from one of the "gu-rus" of this site. Thanks again.