Any Help Apprciated

feece08

My girl is having some issues with her transmission. Its a 2000 Couger and she had a guy at a shop drive it and he thinks the clutches are going out, also said it smell'd burnt. So he did a rough estimate and told her about 2800-3000 dollars to rebuilttakealook.gif...Shes in school and i would think its a little pricey for a rebuilt. Told her not to do anything unitl i see if anyone knows any decent trans places in the Hampton area that wont screw her over. Let me know if yall know anyone in the area that would be able to take a look at it. i told her not do anything with it becasue once she has the oil drained it might not shift at all anymore..

Thanks boysfingersx.gif

I am no transmission guy, but that is about twice what it would cost in my area. Also, I understand those particular cars are prone to problems with the drum cracking in the tranny. May be all it needs. My first cousin had a 2000 Cougar and this is what we learned from all the research he did. Hope this helps.

I live right in that area dude, B&W Transmission of Mercury Blvd, guys there are awesome and fair. my buddy had a trans rebuilt there not too long ago, whole thig was like $1200, that's with him adding a Transgo shift kit and servos

I live right in that area dude, B&W Transmission of Mercury Blvd, guys there are awesome and fair. my buddy had a trans rebuilt there not too long ago, whole thig was like $1200, that's with him adding a Transgo shift kit and servos

Awesome ill let her know, thanks. You have a name I can have her ask for and someone to reference?