Painting Alternator

Damn. Wonder why they didt work? That's the same one I was looking at at summit Will. I see it's a 200 amp but they have a 145 available in black that is only 130$ish. The pics chrome but says can order on black but I can't find where to choose the finish.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/TFF-8237

As Tyler mentioned, I had mine chromed. But before, I took it to a local alternator shop and disassembled. Then when I got the baskets and pulley chromed I took it back for them to reassemble. Same thing happened to me it wasnt charging. But this is why I had them put it back together cause he put it on the machine to test it. He took it apart and didnt get the solder good enough. It should be fine Will just need to re-do it

i called tuff stuff and they are telling me this one fits my truck.

http://www.summitrac...rts/TFF-8233NB/

i told him it says it only fits 98-03 with 2.2 and 4.3 engines.......

he said hes going to call me back........

As Tyler mentioned, I had mine chromed. But before, I took it to a local alternator shop and disassembled. Then when I got the baskets and pulley chromed I took it back for them to reassemble. Same thing happened to me it wasnt charging. But this is why I had them put it back together cause he put it on the machine to test it. He took it apart and didnt get the solder good enough. It should be fine Will just need to re-do it

ill take it apart and try one more time.

Edited by silverado_ss_04 (see edit history)

it seems they only make black in 105 and 200, so i asked if they could make me a 140 in black.

he took my e mail and told me he would get back to me later on.

Hello again, Will.

We should be able to do it.

The problem is mainly paperwork.

We do not presently make that part number in black powder coat so we have to enter a new part number into our system for it.

I will check on this and get back with you.

I know it sounds easy but we already are building over 3,000 different part numbers in various configurations.

You WILL have to order it directly from us if that is the case.

None of our dealers or distributors will have it.

Stand by please.

Bud