Need Help With Brake Issue

ThatTallCanadian

Ok so my brake lights are stuck on, the truck thinks the brakes are being pressed. Remote start won't work also because of this... Wondering what I should be checking to fix it?

Tired pressing the brake in a few times, no change, light switch is set to off/auto. Park brake isn't on. Truck drives fine, stops fine... What's going on?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I gotta bump this again..

Issue is back, Basically after it fixed itself when I last posted in this thread, the problem came back the next morning or that same evening. I replaced the brake switch two thursdays ago, and the problem never came back. Well it's back AGAIN. UGH. I also noticed that the front sidemarkers are also on when the brake lights are stuck on. Drains the battery in about 3 hours or less.

Anyone have any other ideas as to what is wrong? I wonder if it's my remote start/security system maybe somehow? But I've had that for a year and a half so I fail to see why that would cause any issues. I've done no recent wiring to the truck, last "wiring" involved job was installing a headunit towards the end of last summer.

It was working fine all day, then it happened after I parked at the movie theater this evening. It did just start raining today so maybe moisture is a problem? But when this first started happening, weather was great and relatively dry, lots of slush on the roads though.

Also on the drive home, the right signal would stay constant, no flashing, same with the hazards. Left signal light flashes normally.

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)