Weird Fan Noise...

Blown 346

I just got a 03 Sss, when you first start it I hear what sounds like a blower motor fan in the dash right by the guage cluster. Sometimes the noise is there and sometimes its not. After driving for a few minutes the noise goes away. This noise is there regardless of the climate control being on or off.

It doesnt seem to be. It almost sounds like a small compressor like the Trail blazer SS's have when you first start them. The noise seems like its in the dash or near the center console. Its hard to tell exactly as when you start looking for it you hear it around the Driver seat. It only does this when it wants. If I shut the truck off and re start it, most of the time the noise goes away.

HVAC cycle

Take out the 2 HVAC fuses from the underhood fuse center. Wait a few minutes. Install the fuses and turn ignition to the RUN position. Listen for the blend door to reset its position.

HVAC cycle

Take out the 2 HVAC fuses from the underhood fuse center. Wait a few minutes. Install the fuses and turn ignition to the RUN position. Listen for the blend door to reset its position.

Thanks Ill give it a shot a let you know. Im going out there and doing it now.

After further inspection. The fan noise is indeed above my head and coming from the onstar speaker in the headliner.

I feel retarded, Ill remove the fan and lube it up and see if the noise stops, Otherwise Ill replace the fan.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)