Z06 Replacement Pads

BILLS04SS

I searched and didn't find any information on this, but I'm looking at replacing my Z06 Brake pads this spring. Does anyone know what year pads to get for our trucks? I'm guessing 01-04? I just want to be sure I order the correct hawk pads. Thanks in advance..

Bill

I copy/pasted this info i posted in the HOW TO Z06 upgrade thread a while back. A few thousand miles on mine and a little time on them as well. All appears to be good so far. He's just another source out there, but i'd highly recommend him both from a cost and a knowledge standpoint. If you do an advanced search on here with the word STRANO, you'll find a little more info.

Sam Strano of stranoperformance 800-729-1831. He know his stuff with performance pads and will suggest based on what you want, but i ended up going with this: HB531F570 HPS C6 Z06 Front--Padlet designHB532F570 HPS C6 Z06 Rear--Padlet Design. They were about $270 shipped. A little cheaper than the one piece. But i went padlets because it was an easy install and will be easy to replace.

I copy/pasted this info i posted in the HOW TO Z06 upgrade thread a while back. A few thousand miles on mine and a little time on them as well. All appears to be good so far. He's just another source out there, but i'd highly recommend him both from a cost and a knowledge standpoint. If you do an advanced search on here with the word STRANO, you'll find a little more info.

Sam Strano of stranoperformance 800-729-1831. He know his stuff with performance pads and will suggest based on what you want, but i ended up going with this: HB531F570 HPS C6 Z06 Front--Padlet designHB532F570 HPS C6 Z06 Rear--Padlet Design. They were about $270 shipped. A little cheaper than the one piece. But i went padlets because it was an easy install and will be easy to replace.

Thanks for the response.. I'll give him a call and what he recommends... I've heard nothing but good things about the hawk ceramic pads.. I just wasn't sure of the year to get.

the vette forums has a company out of cali that does the puckllets for like $100/set

best price and they are not too dust like the hawks and not too expensive like theothers...I got two sets at the time b/c of how affordable they were.

Got a year on them so far and so good.

the vette forums has a company out of cali that does the puckllets for like $100/set

best price and they are not too dust like the hawks and not too expensive like theothers...I got two sets at the time b/c of how affordable they were.

Got a year on them so far and so good.

Sooooooooo, you gonna share that info or do i have to go to the vette site to find it ? I'd throw a set on the shelf for that price.

OC Autosports out of Anaheim Ca.

714-817-0000 talk to David or Odin.

Please check that they are still in business...I did not check

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion/2185399-opinions-wanted-centric-rotors-and-posi-quiet-pads-3.html

theey talk about the rotors but you just need the pad set.

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

Go with the hawk ceramics if you want clean wheels and sh1tty brakes. I know from experience. My ctsv ness the wheels washed almost every other time it gets driven but stop ON A DIME. The hawks I had on my z06 conversion on the ss sucked balls