10 Or 12'S

If you like snappy bass, go with 10's, if your more into hip hop and like that low bass go with 12's. I have pioneer premier shallow mount 12's and love them. They have just enough of both for me.

i listen to a bit of everything, from rock, to hiphop, to country, depends on the mood, i want something to hit hard and sound awesome, i was thinking 12's but like Silverad0 SS said not sure if there will be enough airspace

There should be enough room under the seats for 2 12s if you want but that will depend on what kind of subs you go with and actually how deep they are. I have 1 10 an i think its plenty enouph base for me, but Im sick of too much base. I use to have 4 12s behind the seat of first regualr cab truck and now I do not hear so well, so i have given up on the loud base

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Not sure how 12's look better since they will be under the seat.

I have two Alpine type R 10's under my back seat and they sound really good. Hit hard when I need them to and sound clean. Never been a big fan of 12's since I don't listen to much rap and R&B. When I was young all I cared about was loud. Now its about clarity. Also don't forget if you start hitting hard you will most likely need to dynamat your roof as it will sound like someone is shaking a big piece of sheet metal.

i'm just on the fence, getting a new head unit in the next couple weeks, if i can get subs i'd rather do it all together, just need to know what to get first

12s look bad ass but 2 8s will sound nice in a box that fits under the back seat .i would do 2 8" subs that way i can port it if i want hip hop bass. or keep it sealed for good allaround bass

Edited by tonygss2003 (see edit history)

Not sure how 12's look better since they will be under the seat.

I have two Alpine type R 10's under my back seat and they sound really good. Hit hard when I need them to and sound clean. Never been a big fan of 12's since I don't listen to much rap and R&B. When I was young all I cared about was loud. Now its about clarity. Also don't forget if you start hitting hard you will most likely need to dynamat your roof as it will sound like someone is shaking a big piece of sheet metal.

Alpine R Type 10s are awesome. I have 1 under my seat and the custom box was built for optimal air flow and it sounds amazing

<br /><br />

<br />

Only 1 way I'd every go with 8's. That's if I had at least 4 of them.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Or if you had a minivan and could build a huge box and have only one 8. Ideal

Sent From My GNex