Could Use Some Help With Fitting Subs

Hey guys so I finally got my system installed and I hooked up the amps behind the seats

When It came time to put the seats back on they wouldno longer fit

How did you guys do it?

Did u have to cut something out or something?

I had the same problem. I had to mount them really low, closer to the floor. It also depends on what amps you use and how thick they are.

They are really low already

And my amp is a little thick it's a 5000w earthquake

I ran into a few problems myself.

1 check if the seat is hitting the amp with the tabs near the bottom of the seat. I cut mine off.

2 the hinges themselves can also hit the amp, mount the amp between the hinges.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll add more if I recall anything else but its probably 1 of those two things.

Power seats? My other truck didn't and I was able to mount it under the driver side seat. If you do, you only have a few options. Laying flat on the small step up from the rear floor to the back wall. you can also mount it vertically but long ways so the the long side of the amp is on the step but the bottom of the amp is on the back wall. Like Canadian said be cautious where it will finally sit because your seat, when lifted to the up position leaves the least amount of space back there. I would recommend removing the rear seat completely to mount it..

Do the rear seat fold down mod. You can also space the base of the seat up about a half inch also. I have two amps mounted behind the seat with plenty of clearance. Might have to bend the mounting tabs out a little to allow it to properly seat.

The bolts that you put your rear seat onto...... Put a few washers on each bolt before you put the seat in place to give you a little extra clearance. Hopefully you will be able to raise it enough!

you can fab mounts for the rear seat to be raised what ever you want but head height will suck. im 6 foot and its already tight if i were to try and sit there .

something similar to this would work or fab your own custom ones is what i would do if you can fab .

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-188/rockford-fosgate-t1-12s-under-rear-seat-nnbs-486702/

the seats mount good but when i try to fold them down the little metal in the bottom of the seats hit the amps and dont let them open the seat down......

ill take a picture later to show you guys....

i might have to go to a shop to get a custom box with seats on it...

ok so this is the set up i got!!

and the back of the seats hit my amps

photo-3.jpg

these metals are hitting the amps and preventing the seats from folding down

photo-1.jpg

these are just the pics of the amps getting scratch because of the metals

photo-4.jpg

photo-2.jpg

thanks for the help guys!

Edited by mando28 (see edit history)